I am quite addicted to the current 9 o'clock drama on Channel 8. Found the plots pretty new and engaging. I think some of them could even be adaptations of real stories.
I recalled this scene where Shuyang was chatting to Jessica about how an old lady for whom she was handling a divorce case could be very forgiving. The old lady doted on the illegitimate blind son of her husband's mistress more than her own. Despite her husband's cheating on her, she still stood by her husband all the years and magnanimously cared for the illegitimate son as if her own.
Shuyang and Jessica's conclusions were that perhaps the women of the older generation were more simple minded. This was a virtue in itself. By being simple minded, they were more easily contented. They would not mull over things for too long and generally they were happier.
Isn't to be happy the most important? Sometimes, the more educated and intelligent we are, the more we like to complicate things with analysis and justifications. This will only impede moving forward, especially when we sink into a situation where we keep thinking of the same issue and keep carrying the same emotional burden. Simple mindset is a fortune. Afterall, isn't there a common saying "ignorance is bliss"?
Let us motivate and check on each other. If you or I happen to dwell on something too much, remember to remind each other that life can be simpler and there is no point in complicating things. One just need to be responsible and be ready to bear any consequences that follow. Do you agree?
Maybe I should start now and stop thinking about the issue which has been bothering me for a while. I should just take things as they come. Life can definitely be simpler. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment