October 10, 2006

Day of Waiting

We waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. Then I gave up waiting. Ctrl + Alt + Del = end task.

Conclusion: If we have to spend this amount of time waiting for the report to run each month, then it will be really counterproductive.

Isn't technology supposed to improve productivity?

The trainer said it was because we were tapping on to Development server which currently does not have alot of resources. In addition, there were about 16 PCs executing the same report or query at the same time.

Excuse me? 16 PCs is very few compared to the number of users (1 user = 1 PC) at month end while we are preparing our reports...

I thought the previous software I have used for reporting was bad, this seems worse. The only consolation so far is at least IS will be doing all the system administration.

Sigh!

Think life is much simpler when we were relying on Excel, isn't it?

No comments: