My friend and I went to Siglap - a place I have never ventured to, for dinner tonight. I am hardly an east side kind of person, so I am completely lost when you ask me where are the nice places in the east. I always think the east is 'far far away'. Perhaps a person staying in the east will think that the north and the west are similarly 'far far away'.
My friend was just recovering from flu, so we opted for the blander Vietnamese food. The pomelo salad was rather refreshing. I had the shredded chicken noodle which I felt was a pretty healthy choice.
Then we adjourned to a cafe which specialises in cheese cakes for beverage. No, I did not choose chamomile tea this time as it was not even on the menu. In the end, I have ordered hot milk which I thought was equally healthy.
The ambience was nice - with alot of oldies being played in the background, eg "Over the rainbow". The decor was slightly Victorian (the lighting and the sculpture) but with al fresco and some contemporary art. The sofa was comfortable and relaxing. I did not find the cheese cake extraordinary as I felt the taste was slightly heavy. Pardon me, I am not exactly a connoisseur when it comes to cheese cake.
Siglap offers a whole stretch of a variety of dining choices and eateries. It was relaxed and not as crowded as other places in town. If one prefers a quieter place to get together with friends, it may be a good alternative.
No comments:
Post a Comment