One of the upper floors would be undergoing renovation. After the renovation, it would be lower cubicles and more open concept. To accommodate this new concept, the current furniture has to be replaced. Most of the chairs and cabinets were in pretty good condition, at least in better condition than what we have.
Having heard that there were many good and well-maintained chairs up for grabs, my colleagues and I decided to take a look and reserve the better ones for our own use. In case, you have not heard, although I have a full cubicle to myself, the furniture was abit old, especially the chairs.
Too bad, we heard of such good bargains too late. By then, most of the chairs were gone. However, I have still managed to lay my hands on 2 visitors’ chairs for my cubicle. Then I have also managed to find a better chair to replace my current one which was giving my backaches. Even my boss joined in the crowd to see what sort of furniture we have managed to “chopped” and even helped us push down the chairs.
Coincidentally, they were all the same colour. Great! Now I have matching furniture for my cubicle.
P.S. We did all these in the middle of a meeting. My boss actually granted the 3 of us who wished to change our chairs 15 min to 'shop' and 'grab' our chairs. ;-p
No comments:
Post a Comment