October 08, 2006

Factfile (October 2006)

Ta Ta! Here is the fact file for October 2006.

I hope through these fact file entries, you can know me better. Since there are many things which I can share in the fact file, I have decided to organise it a little. I shall organise around a theme. The theme for this month will be "The Most .... Moments". Let's travel down my memory lane together.

1) The Most Playful Moment
I was most playful when I was in upper secondary. This does not mean that I loitered around Orchard McDonald's everyday (afterall, my school is just a stone throw away from Orchard Road). Playful here refers to plain naughty and mischievous.

We liked to play hide-and-seek with teachers on April's Fool Day during our Jap class. We (the girls from RGS and St Nicholas) have even persuaded (more like coerced) our Chinese High classmates to join the 'dark forces'. They hid with us rather reluctantly. We were trying very hard to suppress our giggles from behind the chairs at the back of the class room when our sinsei (teacher) walked into a supposedly empty classroom.

We also act out skits which exaggerated some eccentric preferences (eg, the preference for purple colour) of our teacher.

Although it was hilarious to us then, on hindsight, I felt that we were rather cruel on some of the pranks we have played.

2) The Most Embarrassing Moment
It should be the time I fell down the stairs at my old workplace about 2 years ago because it was an ugly fall. Moreover, a particular Head of Department has witnessed the entire fall. My whole professional image was crushed in front of her and she already did not think very highly of me then.

She was extremely sweet and helped me dress up the wound and took the train with me. Thereafter, she was even concerned enough to call me and asked after my injury.

3) The Most Stressful Moment
Everyone who has known me for some time will know that I was extremely stressed during my JC days. I was constantly reminded of my academic inadequacies in front of my "Olympic" and at-least-9-A1 classmates (I was not one of them). I was always one of those who failed tests or only managed near the bottom of the class. The two years were cramped with classes, tutorials, tests and 10-year series.

I was so stressed that I nearly made a big mistake in my Econs paper. I have erroneously thought that I have entered the wrong question number on the cover sheet which meant that my essay question would be totally out of point. I went to the chief invigilator to amend the question number and he refused. I was so upset that I cried all the way home. Fortunately, he has refused my request or I might have flunked my Econs paper because I have actually entered the correct question number.

4) The Most Relaxing Moment
The most relaxing period which I have enjoyed was the period between the end of A Levels to the start of University. There was no exams and temp jobs allowed me some financial liberty for a while. I was so relaxed that I was at my 'fattest' moment then (I shall not reveal how much I weighed then).

5) The Most "Active-In-ECA" Moment
One of my teachers used to always encourage us to be more active, ie avoid being 'beige' people who blend into the background. I have never been a very active in ECAs, except during my upper secondary school days. I was then a peer leader, the secretary for my club, a student correspondent and even represented my school in a current affairs competition.

6) The "My Parents' Proudest" Moment
It definitely was the day of my graduation from NTU. In today's world, graduates are everywhere and no longer a rarity. However, to many of my parent's generation, I guess they still feel that being a graduate is almost like a honour. During the graduation ceremony, my parents were dressed in their best (my Dad was in long-sleeve shirt and my Mum was in one of her most expensive top).

However, think either the mortar board and the gown were too heavy or I was already on the verge of falling sick, I actually went on 4-day MC after that day. :-(

No comments: