October 14, 2006

Food Trail

I have eaten alot today. I really mean ALOT, especially the dinner. Before I move on, please get tissue ready as I share with you the mouth-watering food I have eaten today.

Lunch
I met my ex-colleagues. Can I refer to ourselves as the 3 musketeers - Ah Peng, Ms Chan and me? The reason is you would have noticed by now that I met up with many ex-colleagues and not to confuse you with who I was meeting, I might need to give a name to different cliques soon.

We went to Aiwo because we decided to eat something healthier. I had Atlantic Seabass. Ms Chan had Pan-fried Salmon and Ah Peng had lemon and rosemary chicken. It was served with barley. Initially, I thought it looked decievingly small portion, but it was quite filling. The place was rather quiet and good for chi chatting. We were busy taking photos of the food for they had good presentation. (The waitresses and waiters must be thinking we were commercial spies.)

Personally, felt that it was not that healthy as I found the food abit salty. Or perhaps I am getting old and prefer blander food.

Dessert
We decided to go for 'Hokkaido' ice-cream - the ice-cream outlet at Marina Square. It was normally crowded on weekends with long queues.

As I was still feeling immense indigestion from the lunch, I did not share the dessert with the other musketeers. Think I must be getting old and metabolic rate has dropped drastically. I have experienced indigestion more often than noth these days.

Anyway, according to Ms Chan, the Strawberry Sundae was 'ok' - one of her normal responses. ;-p

Dinner
It was about 8 course (if I include everything I have put into my mouth) dinner which I have had. I really lost count. Let me do a mini list here.
1) raspberry sorbet (appetiser)
2) mushroom and cheese spread on bread
3) fruit salad
4) grilled mushroom
5) fish soup
6) bread crusted fish
7) sesame pudding
8) lavender tea

The staffs there were very warm. When I did not finish my raspberry sorbet, they have even asked me if I did not like the food.

It was a nice place to go to where the staffs were generally knowledgeable about the food and were warm towards the customers. However, perhaps it would be better if I have gone with an empty stomach rather than mild indigestion.

Oh no, I am growing fat. I must really go on diet and exercise.

No comments: