You might also have heard about my grumbles about the 'relaxed' attitude of the helpdesk in resolving the problem. ('Relaxed' is meant to be a euphemism here, in case you did not manage to catch the sarcasm).
If you have the illusion that I have skived around for the past few days since I practically could not work without my desktop, I could assure you it was indeed a mere illusion. Firstly, I have saved most files in my hard disk without backups. This implied that I have re-create some of the critical files which I require in the next few days. Secondly, I also carry a notebook at the same time (fortunately). It took me some time to get used to the notebook because it was of a different brand from what I used to have, ie HP vs Acer now.
In case you are wondering why on earth would I be using a desktop when I already have a notebook. I personally prefer working on desktop because the screen was bigger. I work with spreadsheets alot. A bigger screen will not cause as much strain to my eyes as a notebook.
Then you must be wondering why on earth would my boss be issuing me a notebook when I can work on desktop. My boss is not wasting resources. The nature of my work requires me to attend meetings frequently and for long periods of time as I support the business people. Access to a notebook means that I can work more effectively off my workstation and with my business managers.
As I get used to my notebook, I really learn to appreciate it better as it is really small and light, much lighter than the previous HP. Perhaps my hard disk crashed at an opportune time to 'force' me to really learn to use my notebook. ;-p
No comments:
Post a Comment