October 23, 2006

Allergic to Voice?

Can one be allergic to another's voice?

Somehow hearing this colleague speak in person is not as bad as hearing her speak over the phone. Whenever I hear her over the phone, I will get extremely irritable. My patience starts to wear thin and my only hope is to end that conversation that very second.

I have reached my limit today where I can barely control my irritance. She must have sensed that I was upset. She has even asked if I was very occupied with other things. Trust me, I was really trying very hard to control myself and avoid showing any signs of fustration. I guess I must have failed miserably.

This allergy is causing a very adverse reaction in my mood and if left uncontrolled, may even put a strain on our working relationship. We will still need to work with each other frequently in future. It is currently threatening my professionalism. *Sigh*

Can I overcome this allergy to her voice? :-(

No comments: