October 15, 2006

Blur Again

Everyone who has seen me for the past few days have either stolen discreet glances or stared openly at my right arm. There was a huge ugly patch of blue-black pasted right in the middle. It was again another mishap of my blur and clumsy act.

My ‘overhead’ cabinet in office has a door which has to be pulled out and up and slided in above top of the cabinet when I want to fully open the cabinet. This is also where I store my notebook. I was taking down my notebook when the slided door slided outwards and downwards while I was holding my notebook. I have not pushed in the slided door backwards enough when I opened the cabinet. The door slammed right into my right arm. Luckily, I have not dropped my notebook in pain. Before I knew it, a large patch of greenish purple developed.

Those who were more candid inquired after my ‘injury’. Some just stared and were simply too embarrassed to utter anything, for fear that there was some untold story behind it. People who knew me would then shake their heads upon hearing the background. I guess they have already gotten used to my blurness and clumsiness over time.

Over these few days, the patch has developed from greenish purple to purplish black to blacklish brown and now brownish yellow. I guess it is on its way to recovery.

Hurray! Good bye to embarrassing stares for the time-being…

No comments: