Happy 2nd month Anniversary to my Blog!
Initially, it was more of a curiosity fuelled by inspiration from a speaker of my June's 2-week course that I decided to 'launch' my blog. I thought my blog will be a good platform to share my thoughts and life with my friends, some of whom I may not have the chance to meet on a regular basis. It was also meant to be a form of capturing some of the thoughts and events which I have felt strongly at a certain point in time. With age, my memories are starting to be less trustworthy as before.
I have received both positive and negative feedback on my blog. Some of my friends enjoyed finding out my latest food 'expeditions'. Some were amazed at the different side of me which they have never seen, for eg, my shoe collection. There were also some who felt that readers of my blog might misconstrue some of my writings, especially when I wrote about conversations which we have had. Regardless, I welcome these feedback. Firstly, it means that you have been following what I have spent efforts updating. This shows that all my 'blood and tears' have not gone to waste. Secondly, perhaps by sharing your feelings, you have already started to feel with me on some of the issues which made me aggrieved, touched or pondered upon.
Although I have hoped that my blog will become a conduit for better and more communication with my friends, I certainly do not wish it to be the ONLY form of communication with my friends. I sincerely do not want a situation where my friends see no reason to see me personally anymore because they already know what is happening to me. I always feel that nothing beats face-to-face communication, not even phone calls (By the way, I have an aversion towards phone calls if you have not noticed by now.) I also do not wish to see that during our chit chats, topics from my blog are the only topics that we can talk about. Hey, I am sure there are many other things which we can talk about and which I may not have registered in this blog.
I really hope my well intentions in the beginning will not turn against me.
I have shared so much about me with you. When will you be sharing yours with me?
No comments:
Post a Comment