February 04, 2007

Suburban Cinema

I am not a regular movie goer. Hence, to accomodate everyone, the cinemas which we choose are often in town. Yesterday was the second time I watched a show at a suburban cinema which is within walking distance from my home.

Seats were abundant despite it being a Saturday afternoon. If you go to town, you are unlikely to get tickets unless you pre-book. In addition, the tickets are slightly cheaper ($0.50 cheaper). In addition, free gifts - ang pao packets and calendar were given.

The ang pao packets are pretty festive looking and reminded us that CNY is in 2 weeks' time.

The calendar is that of the a similar 'gang' or cast to Happy Feet with different pictures on both sides. It is an upcoming movie in June.

I still regret failing to catch Happy Feet when it was shown as I could not get a movie khaki. Perhaps I should learn to watch a movie alone just like one of my friends. He can watch movies alone even when he is overseas. Then, I will not miss movies that I like and my friends will not need to accomodate me by going to movies which they do not like watching. *Grin*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

don worry... happy feet's not tat fantastic....

wc

SJ said...

Really? One of my colleagues simply love it. Her wallpaper is just Happy Feet and more Happy Feet...

Anonymous said...

its 'watchable' but notin much 2 hoha abt...

wc

SJ said...

I thought the penguins look cute. I am always a cartoon-type of person. Anyhow, I am sure there will be other great cartoons which will come along.