1) Worked past midnight
I worked till 1am on Wednesday night to rush for a presentation at 8am the next morning.
Basically, by 11pm, I was busy brushing off the sleep bugs which were beckoning me to dreamland. My colleague, upon seeing my soon-to-doze-off expression, urged me to join him in jumping jacks. I ignored him and told him I needed concentration.
2) Mercedes Benz
As I was calling a cab home on Wednesday night (it was more like Thursday morning), I have managed to get a Mercedes cab.
Given the state I was in, I thought I had heard wrongly when the automated operator informed that it was a Mercedes cab. It was indeed a Mercedes cab! Wow, it was spacious inside and the ride was very smooth and quiet.
You might wonder what there was to be amazed of and that I was behaving like a 'mountain tortoise'. Well, I do not have many chances to ride in a Mercedes and this was the closest to the life of a rich man, with a 'chauffeur' in the 'package'. Hee Hee.
3) Pokka Peach Green Tea
It has a nice soothing sweet fragrance. It is very soothing to the throat too.
This is the first time I have tried Pokka Peach Green Tea. My colleague has bought me this while he sneaked off to take his short break. He has very short attention span, often finding excuses to sneak off to buy drinks or food. This is often under the pretext to get me something to eat or drink, but in reality is for him to get something to eat or drink for himself or just to take a breather.
I begin to crave for the drink again.
4) Curry-leaf Chicken
Anticipating it would be a long night, my colleague has suggested that we should take our dinner first. We went to the nearby 'zhi char' stall.
He strongly recommended the curry-leaf chicken which I was rather wary. Would it be too spicy? He reassured me that it is an aromatic dish which is non-spicy. It was fried chicken, then stired-fried with curry leaves, onion and soya sauce in a claypot. When it was first served, it was piping hot with a nice aroma.
The other 2 dishes of oyster-sauce kai lan and prawn tofu were more mediocre. It was a full dinner. We were so happy with the food that we went off without paying. My colleague has to ask another group of colleagues whom we had spotted just before we were leaving to help settle the bill first.
No comments:
Post a Comment