“Gan-Cheong” Spider is a term that is coined by some friends for a person who appears jittery and hapless in the event of any crisis, no matter big or small. Gan-cheong, in dialect, means very flustered and anxious.
Recently, I kept hearing friends and colleagues asking me not to give myself so much pressure, be it personal or work related. I begin to wonder if I look more and more like a “gan-cheong” spider, or I have an all-day, too-stressed expression.
1 month ago, a friend actually apologized for creating pressure when he needed me to make a decision.
1 day ago, a colleague immediately called and directly asked me not to create so much pressure for myself upon seeing my reply for his email.
Perhaps they are merely showing their concerns. Perhaps I really carry a stressed-out look all-year round. I am not a fan of spider, much less “gan-cheong” spider. To avoid becoming a real “gan-cheong” spider, I must learn to take a more measured and even nonchalant approach to matters.
Hmm, maybe I am already a “gan-cheong” spider without realizing…… Urgh! I seriously hope not.
No comments:
Post a Comment