We gathered for Mr Lau's birthday celebration.
My former class rep has suggested meeting at Mad Jack (near Serene Centre) for dinner. Mad Jack is famous for its fish-and-chips which is very Aussie-like (I still regret not trying the fish-and-chips at Freemantle). The portion was relatively big. As I usually shy away from Western food, I am rather ignorant when it comes to discerning if the fish-and-chips are better than elsewhere. Then, we adjourned to Ice-cream Island for dessert (at Serene Centre). The flavours available were rather exotic, such as Teh Tarik.
As usual, the next activity was Board Games. Since Dear's house was nearest. The 7 of us then squeezed into Mr Lau's car. Hmm, it seemed like the Honda City was still pretty sturdy to be able to take the weight of 7 of us.
As we got off the car, I noticed that the night skies were clear enough to show off the stars. They were brilliant. I was introduced to the Orion, which was made up of 7-stars with 3-stars in a row in the middle and 4-stars guarding each corner. Although I like to look at stars, I have absolutely no idea what stars are where or how they look like.
Big Apple was at home and he still remembered me. When he was younger, Dear and I would bring him out together for our shopping and dinners. He has grown taller and sturdier (even with his girlfriend), but he is still the same Big Apple with his wide grin. It seemed like yesterday when he was in his kindergarden uniform sharing with us his frog-folding skills. Time flew and we have aged.
Railway Tycoon centred building tracks so that one could transport goods from one city to another. Points were awarded when goods were delivered using the rail of the player to the different cities. The player with the most points at the end of the game would win. The end of the game was defined as when 14 cities were built. It was not too long a game and we wrapped up around 10.30 pm.
It was supposed to be yet another relatively brainless game, yet I still spent ages trying to comprehend the instructions. Only towards the end of the game did I manage to better grasp how the game worked. Sigh! I guessed I was hopeless for any ‘intellectual’ activity.
No comments:
Post a Comment