February 08, 2007

Bad Pronounciation

My bosses had teased me once. Yet, I have committed the same mistake again. Oh no!

I kept mispronouncing "seen" as "sinned" which led to bouts of laugher from my bosses. The first time I mispronounced, they were trying hard to stifle their giggles. The second time I said it, they were practically laughing off their heads. This was especially so when I was trying to increase the screen size.

I meant to say "... It's quite to be seen, let me blow it up...".

It sounded to them like "...It's quite hard to be 'sinned', let me blow it up...'

They were laughing and teasing me that they did not wish for their sins to be blown up.

Uh-oh, I better try to improve my diction. Strangely, the more deliberately careful I try in pronouncing, the worse I sound. I wonder whether this is an early sign of aging where my memory starts failing and my tongue becomes less and less flexible.

No comments: