February 10, 2007

Spider Scare

It was early in the morning. I was trying to open the windows in my living room. Suddenly, I was gritted by this huge spider which is the size of my palm (with its legs), swinging down from the balcony of the neighbour upstairs. Eeeeeek!!!!

I went screaming to my sister's room and told her about the big spider. She thought I was exaggerating again when I decribed its size. To me, all insects look huge. I pulled her out to take a look. She also got a good scare when she saw it. Both of us dared not open our windows for fear of it crawling, swinging or been blown into our living room.

My mum decided to 'combat' it with newspaper. She was aiming the spider with a crunched-up newspaper and hoping to knock it down. Missed and failed! Next, she decided to take out her bamboo pole to push it away. She broke the web of the spider and swang it out. Phew! It was finally gone.

This is the first time I have seen such a huge spider with such long legs.

No comments: