I usually take shortcuts when putting on make-ups. In order to add colour to my face for special occasions, like wedding dinners, I will just put on eye-shadow and lip gloss and skip the rest. (The rest includes foundation, concealer, blusher, etc).
I did likewise when I was attending Mich’s wedding about one month ago. The previous times I have tried, the lighter eye shadow did not show very well. This time I have decided to increase the ‘dosage’ by applying the darker eye shadow over a larger area. Without any foundation, the eye shadow did not stay on well. I had to apply several coats to bring out the colour.
Then I rushed out of the door to meet my friends. With the wind blowing and the sun shining bright, soon the eye shadow started to smudge. Before long, the darker eye shadow started to spread all over my eyes. I guess you could very well imagine how I looked then. Spot on! A panda!
It was too late to salvage them, so I just went to the wedding looking like a panda. Fortunately, the lights were dimmed and could help somewhat camouflage the mishap. At most, I would just try to carry it off as the ‘smoky eye’ effect which was in vogue.
When I received the photos from Mich recently, I was relieved. Hey, I could hardly notice the ‘panda’ effect. *Grin*
1 comment:
nice try, juan! ;)
Post a Comment