February 21, 2007

False Alarm

First day at work after a long weekend. First day at work in the new lunar year.

My laptop has gone MIA!!!

Wait! Calm down. Maybe some kind-hearted soul has kept it for me in my cabinet. I opened the top. I opened the bottom. I even opened up my drawers. Nothing. No docking station, no laptop. I moved around, peeping into other cubicles to see if my laptop has somehow been moved to other cubicles. Still no sign of any laptop or docking station.

Has someone stolen it?
Oh my! I should have locked it before I left for my leave last week despite being in a rush to run out of the door.

Has my laptop been confisticated?
Afterall, I am due for confirmation. Maybe this is a sign to tell me that I have outlived my welcome and it is time for me to pack my bags, albeit not confirmed and been asked to move out.

I could not determine which is worse.

The clock ticked by. More people streamed in.

There was only so much I could do to appear busy without my laptop. It's time to ask around to see if anyone has clue what was the fate of my laptop. I met with replies of "nope, haven't seen" or "you mean your laptop has gone missing?"

Finally, my saviour appeared. She pointed out that my boss might have taken it away. In the end, we found out that my boss, for fear of my laptop falling into bad hands, had taken the liberty to keep my laptop in his locked drawer while I was away. Thank goodness!

Although I was relieved that it was a false alarm, I was slightly chided by my boss for not taking better care of my belongings. =p

No comments: