August 17, 2006

Settling in...

Today passed by in a flurry with more information to absorb.

There are some significant 'milestones' today.
1) I got my security pass - This means that I do not need to follow people in and out of office in future and I will not need to exchange my IC for a temporary pass everyday.
2) I got my internet access - This means that I will be able to access the web to do information searches and read emails.
3) I got my office mobile - Although I think it is a 2nd hand phone because it looks abit 'used' with scratches on the cover, it is nonetheless a 3G phone. Wow, it comes with built-in camera and video.

In terms of job wise, I am slowly picking up. There are simply too many technical terms and acronyms in terms of the products. For the accounting portion, there is also alot to learn as the underlying model is quite different. Fortunately, for some of MA experience previously, think the spreadsheets for evaluating business cases appear simpler than what we have for DCF. To qualify, this is ONLY in terms of the spreadsheet formulae. Perhaps the simpler the spreadsheets, the more complex is the thinking process?

Just heard a piece of not too exhilarating news, the big boss doesn't like people to dress down. Even though we are allowed to dress down on Fridays, guess I will stick to normal office attire for the time being... Sigh! Yet, I have so many pairs of capris which can only see the "daylight" on Sat or Sun. That is, if I do go out on Sat or Sun. :-(

1 comment:

MaoMaoMum said...

刚来到新公司是要忍耐一下下啦!
时机成熟你就可以为所欲为了!
Ah Gao