I am not referring to motor coordination issue. I am referring to colour and style coordination issues. Issue which is at the top of all women's minds each morning while getting dressed to work.
Confess, all ladies out there! How many times do we get out in a rush or in a super bad mood and do not have time to 'properly' coordinate our dressing? We end up feeling extremely depressed and diffident the entire day just because we are either like a walking tree (green + brown combi) or worse, X'mas tree (red + green combi). Ok, I may be exaggerating a little on the tree combi, but there will be days where you may feel that your shoes are too strong a colour for your clothes or you have matched a dull bottom with a dull top and it makes you look placid. How you then wish you have the perfect style, confidence or figure to carry the whole ensemble off.
I was totally amazed my colleagues' style and abilities to coordinate their outfits everyday, notwithstanding their commitment towards their work and family, until our little chit chat during lunch today. The conversation started off on the purchase of shoes before drifting to the importance to replace a pair of shoes before it 'declared its last useful day'. This is because certain shoes go with certain clothes. By throwing the pair of shoes which is usually coordinated with certain clothes, you will not be able to wear those clothes for some times. Then they have also mentioned the importance of checking your appearance, including the matching of your shoes before stepping out of their houses daily.
I am totally ashamed of my slipshoddy attitude. I normally just buy white or black shoes, hardly venturing to other colours. The reason being that they are supposed to very versatile and easy to match. Even when I am wearing pale coloured clothes sometimes, I just grab my black, ribboned slippers which is the most comfortable pair. Perhaps, all the time, I have been a walking colour mismatch disaster!!!!
I must really buck up in terms of grooming up my appearances and say bye bye to my sloppy days. Good looks do not come free. Good looks or at least neat looks require efforts. Perhaps I should consider investing in a full length mirror so that I could check at least my clothes are properly coordinated first?
No comments:
Post a Comment