Don't have too high expectations. By adventures, it is not really something adventurous in the context of 'Famous Five' (Enid Blyton), it is perhaps something pretty much ordinary to most people's definition, but it is something that I seldom do.
Yesterday, I relived my life as though I am a teenager. Oops! Guess I really miss out on a lot of fun when I was young and now trying to make up to myself. *Grin*.
1) Idol Craze
It was more of an accident or rather coincidence than intentional. I happened to be at Plaza Singapura, at around 3 pm and happened to see alot of people. Louis Koo happened to be the new spokesperson of Osim's iMedic and he happened to preside the official launch of the product at Plaza Singapura. How many times in one's life can we expect so many coincidences to happen all at once? So, I decided to stay on, like all his other fans, to wait for his appearance for at least half an hour. All in the name of catching a glimpse of him in real.
I was not into much of idol worshipping or supporting when I was in school. Yesterday, I managed to get a feel of how it felt like.
Unfortunately, when I tried to capture him using my new mobile phone, I failed. Reason: being blur, I have not learnt how to store the pictures that I have taken, so there is no way to store those pictures. Sigh! What a waste!
2) Arcade
I used to hate the arcade for the noise and the crowd.
One of my friends has a 'craving' for bishi bashi yesterday. So we decided to look for a 'decent' arcade with a 'decent' bishi bashi game. My more arcade-wise friend decide to introduce us to a new game which is more fun than bishi bashi. Sorry, I don't really know the name of the machine, but it is indeed MORE fun than bishi bashi.
It is simpler, ie less buttons to press - only the start button, the rest is controlled by 2 joysticks. It can take your mind off stress because while playing, you are just concentrating on speed and coordination. Time flies in the arcade without my knowing. The noise which I normally detests also fades into the background. We behave like teenagers cheering each other on and laughing loudly.
Moral of the story? I must check with my friend what game that is, so that I can go back to the arcade for more. *Devilish Grin*.
3) Marina South Steamboat
I have been to Marina South for steamboat before, but it was more with family rather than with a big group of girls. It was still quite hard to imagine us doing this.
When we were at the MRT station waiting for each other, the people observed around us were teenagers. Some of them were even students of my friend. I guessed they would never imagine their teacher sitting with her friends on the floor with her friends, just like them. Hopefully, with this, they would believe that their teachers are really open minded people who can understand them and they should not be experiencing any generation gap with their teachers.
Well, back to the story of the steamboat. It was a fun night of 'battling with food'. being poor cooks, we somehow cannot tell whether some of the food is cooked very well, so we have tasted some half-cooked food. We also have quite a good scare by the rats that were romping around especially towards the later part.
4) Merlion
I have never imagined that the scenery at the Merlion was so beautiful at night. We again gathered like teenagers on the floor, giggled loudly over many failed attempts to light up the candles using matchsticks (none of us is girl guide) and singing birthday song with lots of claps.
It was indeed a tiring day, but it was real fun.
Hey all my friends, hope you have enjoyed yesterday as well as I do.
1 comment:
Starting to have a colourful life!!! Keep gooooooing!!!
Post a Comment