Although this sounds abit cliche, time really flies.
My first week of work is already over. However, there are still alot of things to learn and absorb. I have started to do "real" work with the first quarter's P & L and July's main report for one of the departments to complete by next week. Still need time to blend in to the culture. Still felt very overwhelmed by some of the things to be done.
Felt somewhat ashamed that all the AEs (we call them EOs) here know much more than I do. In fact, was very impressed since day one as the AEs have to do the actual variance analysis and finish the report. As an accountant, my job is to review their work for submission. Wow, this working arrangement is quite different from my former place.
Moreover, one EO even questioned some of the 'old practices' and suggested that we improve some of the report's information and format. Wow, wow. This shows that she has really put thoughts into what she is doing and takes on initiative to improve.
Another EO can actually access all the reports in SAP with Tcodes. Hm, this is a feat which I admire as this really shortens the process. She is also the administrator for a number of systems that we are using. When I run into problem, before I said anything, she would have called up the IS Department and tried to help resolve the problem. Wow, wow, wow.
My peers are equally, if not more, impressive and helpful. When I run into both technical and business knowledge problem, my 'buddy' will spend time to discuss with me and even check with other people before letting me know.
All the above incidents somehow made me feel more welcome and assured that if I run into problems, there will be sufficient teamwork to help overcome it. Hope everything will keep going well. :-)
1 comment:
你还没有告诉我,你的新公司的名字叻~
Ah gao
Post a Comment