Had a very enjoyable evening yesterday with 2 of my closest ex-colleagues. We started off with a good working relationship and found that we could click pretty well with each other, so thereafter our relationship sort of elevated to friends. I felt that we are gradually becoming closer friends as we can now share alot of things with each other, including some of the things which may be closer to our heart.
Yesterday marked the first gathering we had since 2 of the 3 of us started our new job. We chatted for about 3 hours and felt that there was still alot more to be said. The whole night was filled with our hilarious laughter at each other's blunders. Alright, I admit, I am the butt of the jokes most of the time, as everyone is fully aware than being a very blur person with eccentric (I refuse to acknowledge it is poor) taste, I often created a lot of jokes on myself and for my friends. Hey, I provided free entertainment to them all!
At the end of the gathering, we all agreed that we missed each other very much. We made a pact that each of us will take turns to organise a gathering once a month for us to meet, chit chat and catch up with each other. Hmmm, I will have to wait about another month before I will see them again. Oh gosh, 1 month seems ages, how I wish that 1 month will pass quickly.
I guess it takes time to build up that kind of trust, ease of companionship and understanding with your new colleagues. I hope I will also be able to find such close friendships with my new colleagues. At the same time, I hope the friendship I have built up with my ex-colleagues will sustain for many months or years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment