I wondered if it was the stress, the lack of sleep or the tenacity of the virus that kept my cough going for more than 2 weeks. I was coughing to the point that it kept me awake at night. The lack of sleep aggravated the recovery. With the current rampant H1N1 cases, it was not wise for me to prolong the recovery. It was time for me to visit the doctor again.
The last time I had cough, I also took ages to recover. I hated coughs because it made you feel lethargic all the time. The cough also seemed to improve its intensity and frequency towards the night when it was the best time to rest. I recalled it took me several bottles of the cough syrups before I could fully recover. I had to take an extra strong medicine to recover.
Knowing that this medicine work, I had requested for this cough syrup during the first visit to the doctor. Disappointingly, the office clinic did not carry such medicine. I was dismissed with the normal brown sweet cough syrup. Needless to say, even after finishing the entire bottle of the cough syrup, I had not recovered.
When I heard that my colleague Pink went to the clinic opposite my office and obtained the cough syrup I was looking for, I waited no longer. I went to the doctor and told him about my condition. He insisted on prescribing antibiotics despite my expressing of strong apprehension of needing it. Before I left, I specifically asked him to prescribe me the cough medicine in a box (not the off-the-shelf brown syrup).
I was relieved when I finally laid my hands on the cough syrup that cured me previously. I could finally see an end to my cough.
No comments:
Post a Comment