I was at the Senki Japanese Restaurant at Cuppage Terrace to celebrate Chrys' birthday. It was a recommendation from another colleague who had been there before. The set meal which consisted of a main course, a salad and a soup cost about $9 per set. This was extremely good deal.
There were four sets to choose from which included ugagi (grilled eel) and grilled beef. I chose the grilled unagi set.
The salad consisted of prickles and fresh greens served with balsamic vinegar. The unagi came with a rice and miso soup. I had not eaten so succulent and fleshy for a long time. The unagi was also deboned nicely without any remaining bones which could sometimes killed the eating experience. Often, one of the reasons I might avoid unagi was that some of the chefs did not debone the fiah nicely and the remaining bones could make the eating a hassle. The fish was also grilled nicely with slight crisp but without any burning at the thin end of the fish.
It was definitely a value-for-money set.
No comments:
Post a Comment