For the past 3 weeks I have been running 2 shifts a day ever since I have been asked to cover the colleague who was undergoing some personal crisis. The 2 shifts would sustain me for at least another month or so as he had finally decided to throw in the towel and tendered.
So for the past few weeks, I have left office at 6 pm but to go home and continue working till after 10 pm. Some of the work I needed catching up required intense concentration as I had to think through and be merticulous in setting up the models. Time in office simply could not allow me this luxury as I would need to answer calls to provide real-time help or attend meetings. Oh my, I never realise that my whole schedule had been bogged down with so many meetings.
Even with the extra hours I work on weekdays, I know I am still very much behind schedule if I were to meet the mid-July deadline. To catch-up on lost time, I have no choice but to work full-time on weekends except for my yoga lesson too.
To work beyond office hours and on weekends are severely disrupting my work-life balance and starting to take a toll on my passion for my work. Ah Peng jibbed that with such heavy workload, how did I expect to have time for myself or dating ('part-toh', if I may use her exact words). I replied jokingly back to her. I still did but I "part-toh" with my work instead. I held hands with my spreadsheets and stared lovingly into the formulae.
I really hoped that I would see the light at the tunnel soon. I longed to go back to the days where weekends were spent on books, exercises and with family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment