July 31, 2009

Chicken Feet Noodles - A Delicacy

The chicken feet noodles at Hong Lim Food Centre was one of the most well-known wanton / chicken feet noodles in Chinatown. With the training centre within 5 minute walk from hawker centre, how could I miss the noodles?

Hong Lim Food Centre was a popular food centre among many foodies. Quite a number of the best-of-the-best local food could be found here. This included the Hong Lim curry chicken noodles, the fried kway teow and the wanton noodles.

The wanton noodle stall was located on the second level. It was hard to miss the stall for there was often a visible queue in front of the stall since the stall promoted self-service among the patrons. The front of the stall was also decorated with many newspapers cuttings pronouncing its good flavour. Despite the fame, the stall owners and helpers were still friendly as they attempted to take each order. The wanton noodles came in $2.50 and $3 per plate choice. The chicken feet noodles was slightly more expensive at $3 or $3.50 per plate.

When I was served, I was slightly taken aback by the generous servings of noodles and chicken feet. There were 3 big chicken feet. The feet was tender and juicy without being too mushy. The flesh and the skins easily peeled off from the bones by just sucking on it. There was also generous serving of green vegetables and mushroom. For someone who was not a big eater, I felt terribly full after finishing the whole plate. Although I was tempted to give up halfway to avoid over-eating, the good flavour kept me going. Moreover, wasting food was a waste.

This was one of the best chicken feet noodles I had tasted for a long time.

No comments: