Every morning as I passed by the underground from the train station to my office, I was entranced by the beguiling expression of the girl with doe-like eyes enlarged many times and plastered all over the wall. After being inundated with this image each time I went to work and back home, it was inevitable I was curious about what Orchard Central looked like.
After lunch with 5050 and KW, we decided to walk to Orchard Central. As usual, I was the most mountain tortoise among the 3. Both KW and 5050 had already somewhat explored the place. With them as guide, I could see more of the place in a shorter time.
The place reminded me of Langham Place in Mongkok, Hong Kong. From one end of the mall, you might not see the other and you could not see all the stores at one-shot. There was also a rock wall for rock climbing at the top of the mall. We spotted a few caucasians attempting a climb. There were also some slopes which bring you across the levels. The shop mix was slightly less common than what we saw in other malls, such as many new Japanese and Korean eateries. The boutiques were of smaller scale and cosy. There was also a rooftop garden overseeing Orchard Road.
If you have time, do drop by Orchard Central as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment