September 09, 2007

MP3

I have never been a gadget type of person. Neither have I ever been a trendsetter. When people are listening to discman, I was still holding tight to my walkman. When people are busy snapping pictures with their camera phones, I was contented with my dual monotonic, non-graphic phone. When unlimited broadband was the rage, I still dialing through my modem.

MP3 has been one of the few gadgets which I have coveted for a long time. It has almost become an essential for everyone. Yet, I am slow, a typical follower. People have already moved on to MP4 while I was still hankering after a MP3. Being a music lover, an MP3 will definitely be a great companion. There was fleeting thought to buy one in China when I was there for a holiday because the local brand – Aiguozhe, offers adorable MP3 at competitive prices. I have shelved the thoughts for fear of the inconvenience of after-sale service. I have thoughts of buying one at the Comex 2007 a month ago, but $99 for a 1GB MP3 still sounded expensive to me. Phillips’ Annual Sale Carnival was a great opportunity for me to source for more affordable MP3.

Finally, I spotted a model which looked decent, within my budget and reasonably sized. It was a Phillips GoGear 1GB in black. It looked handy and portable and with a radio tuner. It fulfilled my basic requirement. I hesitated no more and decided to make a grab for it.

Finally, I am a proud owner of a MP3. I look forward to enjoying our time together.

No comments: