The phone must have dropped onto the floor when I rushed to put my things on the table. Before I moved on to another meeting, I realized that my mobile phone was not with me. Panic. I searched the entire table but still the mobile phone remained out of sight.
More panic. I tried calling myself. My phone was in vibration mode. No vibration anywhere. Ultimate panic. Just then, I saw the phone on the floor. As the floor was carpeted floor, the vibration could not be heard. Heaving a huge sigh of relief, I picked it up quickly and rushed to the next meeting where I was already grossly late for.
The same thing happened again today. I moved to one of the syndication meetings. Midway through the meeting, the phone rang and I spoke over the phone for a couple of minutes. Then, the meeting ended and I moved to another room for another syndication meeting. Before I left the meeting, I realized I could not find my phone.
Panic. I looked downwards on the floor and around me. No phone. More panic. I sent an email to my colleague in the previous meeting room to help me check for my phone. After the meeting, I immediately went back to the previous meeting room to start a search, but to no avail. I retracted back to the last meeting room to check but was also unable to locate the phone. More and more panic. I went back to my table and started calling my phone but no one was picking up the phone. Just then, my colleagues all came back to office which meant that the meeting rooms would have been vacated and allowed me plenty of space to do a more thorough search.
Before I made my way back to the meeting room, I decided to ask my colleagues if they had happened to see my phone. HL initially feigned ignorance of my phone. When she heard that I wanted to rush back up to the meeting room to do another search, she hinted to me that LC might have helped me collected my phone and was pulling a prank on me by not returning to me.
Sigh! Fortunately, it has been found by her. I wondered what would happen if I had really lost the phone.
My boss saw the distress I was in and thought that I must be in need of some tonic to boost up my brains and dispel my blurness, so he has given me a bottle of chicken essence when I found my phone.
Sigh! It was indeed a bad scare.
No comments:
Post a Comment