It has happened for the past few weeks. Every time I have decided to go out, it will start to rain.
A couple of times when all of use decided to go out to eat to lift the spirits a little, it started to rain just before lunch hour and going-out plans had to be shelved immediately. On weekends when I was going out, it would start to pour when I stepped out of the door. Last Sunday on my way to HL’s house, it started to rain when I stepped out of the house. It stopped while I was in the train. It started to rain again when I walked out of the train station to walk to HL’s house.
The rain seems to be discouraging me from going out.
When my colleagues asked me to join them for lunch again today, I explicitly warned them of the recent phenomenon. They brushed the concerns aside. Just as predicted, it started to rain when we reached the lobby. Again, we would need to lunch in.
One of my colleagues was extremely sweet. She joked that this was merely a coincidence. If it rains the second time we go out, we will try for the third. If it rains the third time we go out, we will try for the fourth. We will try until it never rains.
No comments:
Post a Comment