I should not have asked her to call me if she had any problems. It was opening up a floodgate. Knowing that I was in a course and might not be convenient taking calls, she still called me at all times and for many times.
On the first day and the first time she called me over the next 2 days, she asked me where the files were. I controlled my urge to start saying that I had already told her the night before and saw her taking her taking down the names of the file. I took a deep breath and told her. After all, she was covering for me and sometimes in our nervousness and anxiety to get things done, we could have lost ourselves totally.
Then she called me a second time to ask me what she should do as one of the line managers was late in submission. My patience hang thin. Come on, she was not a green horn when it came to working. Furthermore, she used to have subordinates. This sort of question was practically an insult to my intelligence. Anyone would know that if your working partners submit late, we needed to chase them and pressure them because all of us had deadlines to meet. If the matter did not resolve, then it was time to escalate.
The ultimatum came next. in the second day, she started calling me the moment I switched on my mobile to the end of the day. I did not pick up the phone because I was in the course and it would be rude if I constantly was on the phone. Furthermore, it would defeat the purpose of going to the course when half of the time I was on the phone. There was once she called me 6 times and within intervals of 10 minutes.Hence, I ended up getting a total of more than 10 missed calls from her in a span of 1 day. I lost track of the exact number of missed calls as I chose to ignore her calls towards the end of the day when I realised that she was not calling me because it was a life-and-death situation but more of the convenience of it. Ermm, there was such thing as caller ID and when someone did not answer phone, it could mean that he/she was engaged? She should have stopped at one call and I would return the call later at a convenient time. Yet, she did not. She simply blasted my phone off and flooded my call registers with her number.
There came a point where I was so angry and fustrated with her inconsideration that I wanted to just rant at her for her no sense of simple logic.
1) There is such thing known as caller ID. If I never pick up the call, the caller ID will register and I will call you later.
2) There is always a limit to patience and helpfulness. When you need to do something, consult your notebook first instead of immediately calling me. If I have wished for you to call me at each and every point of your work, I will not bother wasting time going through things with you.
3) If there are things which I have not mentioned and you need to know, you should calm down and think. The reason I never mention certain things is because they appear to be simple logic to me which I thought will be an insult to both you and I to assume you do not know.
It has been ages since I last met someone who was as helpless as her that I felt like ranting out at her, so helpless that she even needed me to help her find her sense of logic. Unbelievable.
No comments:
Post a Comment