Many of us were still in office. My boss was leaning against her table.
Suddenly, I felt the ground and table shake.
Giddiness swept over me. To ensure it was not my own hallucination, I asked my boss and my colleague if they felt any shaking. My boss jokingly dismissed the possibility of earthquake and told me it was probably because she was leaning against the table. Yet, after she stopped, I still felt the ground shaking. For a while, I was concerned it was because the building was about to give way. I told her straight that the ground was still shaking.
My colleagues outside heard me and shouted that they also felt the shaking. Then we immediately rushed out and a commotion ensued. Some of my colleagues quickly logged on to the internet to check if there was an earthquake.
Another disaster has hit Indonesia – off Sumatra. It was measuring 8.9 on the Richter Scale. No wonder the tremor felt this time was stronger and for a longer period than previous.
In fact, for the next 2 days, there were numerous quakes and aftershocks attacking Indonesia.
No comments:
Post a Comment