May 28, 2007

Praying for More Weekends

Do you have the same problem?

Weekends seem to fly past. There is so much to do and accomplish over the weekends that sometimes we do not know where to start. There are some things that we always plan to do during the weekends but they are always pushed to the next and the next and the next. Despite us getting a weekend after every 5 working days, we still constantly face a weekend ‘drought’.

Some of the activities that are regulars on my weekend timetable
- Replenishing our groceries
- Paying our bills
- Catching up on our sleep
- Catching up with friends
- Updating my blog


Some of the planned activities that I have always wanted to embark on and for some mysterious reasons they have been postponed since I cannot even remember when.
- Visiting different museums in Singapore
- Touring some of the places of attraction in Singapore, eg the zoo.
- Taking up photography
- Going to the library
- Trying out yoga
- Exercising regularly
- Going shopping
… … …
… …

The list goes on and on.

Since I have so many plans that have shelved, you must imagine that I must have had many fulfilling and meaningful weekends. Well, you cannot be more wrong. What is more perplexing is I cannot comprehend where have all my weekend time gone to. Sometimes, I do not even accomplish my ‘regular’ list, much less my ‘wish’ list.

Is this another enigma of a working adult?

No comments: