May 13, 2007

The Heat is On

2007 is prophesized to be the hottest year even according to the climatologist. We have already seen that happening in Japan with an early sakura bloom. In Singapore, the temperature is climbing. A short 15 min walk will leave us in profuse sweat.

I have decided to go for a morning instead of an afternoon swim to ‘cool myself’ down. The pool was getting crowded as the sun rose. After the swim, I felt warmer than before I dipped into the pool. Hence, the entire purpose of the swim was defeated.

Nonetheless, it was still a refreshing change to go for a morning swim as I have not had morning exercise before breakfast for ages. The last I did that was probably about more than a year ago. Morning exercise before breakfast sort of perked me up for the entire day.

No comments: