May 27, 2007

Developing Digital Photos

The technology of photos has developed so rapidly that it has never ceased to amaze me. Some of the photos may look clear and sharp in the small screen of the camera but when enlarged, the low resolution will cause the photos to be blurred.

Development of photos is automated and self-serviced. On the spot, one can immediately know whether the photos will turn up ok in the different sizes of 3R to 8R. Lower resolution photos will look fine in the smaller size frame but the quality will deteriorate with larger frames. For those photos which will not turn up well, we can then choose not to develop. It is indeed a form of savings for us.

We can also determine how many copies of each shot we like to develop. In the past, prior to the digital era, to develop several copies of our favourite shots, we will need to develop the entire roll of film first. Only then can we know the ‘photo number’ in the negative for subsequent developing.

All my China photos are developed. It is about 150 shots in all. The next issue is where to keep them. I bought a new album with 300 pockets to keep the photos that I have recently developed. It then took me another 2 nights to finish re-arranging the photos and slotting them into the new album.

Now, I can take out the photos and relook at them as and when I like it. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

n i hven get 2 c any of those fotos yet....

wc

SJ said...

No worries. The next time we meet, I will bring the whole album out. Then you can see all the photos. But actually, you have seen some of them on my blog already. Hee Hee.

Anonymous said...

n oso the taiwan fotos lor... hehe...

wc