May 01, 2007

China Trip – Coming Back

After 9-day of feeling like Qian Long touring Jiangnan, but minus the luxury, it was time to come back to home. Although I was excited to be back in Singapore, I had started to miss the good weather and rich culture of China.

This trip was a good introduction to China and has enticed me to explore other parts of China. It also made me more aware of Chinese history, legends and literature where such learning was definitely more interactive and interesting than reading a history book.

On the flight back, I could see the stars very clearly as the plane was above the clouds. The stars were just next to us, outside the windows. Again, the most apparent star I have see was the orion. The rest are unrecognisable to me. *Grin*

China, I will certainly come back on another day. *Smile*

(Some of the souvenirs from China - Plums from Cai Zhi Zhai in Suzhou, Gui4 Hua1 and Sesame Cakes, Thousand-layer sesame and peanut sweets and sesame crackers from Cheng Huang Temple in Shanghai)

No comments: