September 21, 2009
Hooked on My Queen (敗犬女王)
My Queen is about a 33-year old career woman - Shan Wushuang who was long past her marriageable age. Despite her successful career, she was often teased for being an old spinster. She encountered a man who was eight years her junior. Although they fell in love with each other, it was not without the trials and tribulations typical of any Taiwanese drama, However, their challenges were more real and less dramatic as they had to deal with their eight years' gap as well as the society's stigma for such a relationship.
Jen and SM were strongly recommending me this series the last time we met. I never knew what they were talking about until I started watching. Then I realised I was hooked. I just wanted to know what happened next. It has been ages since I tried to watch a drama so tirelessly. In fact, I was reduced to a couch potato for the whole of the long weekend.
Shan Wushuang was so endearing that I felt like watching again even after I completed the series. I could relate to the show so much probably because I could fully comprehend the dilemma and could empathise with her plight very well, albeit minus the successful career part.
It is not just a show for single women and men. It is a show for everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment