September 09, 2009

Chiong

This is destined to be a week of chionging - dialect for rushing or charging, that is if I wish to be able to make it for a four-day course next week.

The course happens at a bad timing. It is the week of financial review. It is also the week of mid-year forecast review. Given that the product I am handling and the expense item I am handling are missing the target big time, the depth of my analysis will also have to be big time. By out of action for 4 days in one of the most crucial week can be relatively unfair to my colleagues and boss.

The way to ensure that my course will not inconvenient anyone and still be able to attend the course to get my certification. There is only one solution. I will need to work doubly hard the week before the course so that I can clear as much work as possible.

So it's chiong, chiong and more chiong. It is a small price to pay in order to ensure that I can attend the course in peace.

Chionging is part and parcel of my work life for the past 7 years. In fact, I should be glad that I only have to work until 10 pm each night instead of past mid-might. I will survive!

No comments: