I was not really shopping in a bookstore because I had no intention of getting any books. I was there merely to pass time while waiting for my mum who was shopping at Daiso. As usual, a 10-minute browse soon turned to a more than half an hour wait as I could finish browsing through numerous shelves, including finishing a simple book and a glossy magazine.
Putting aside by impatience for waiting again, I was also thankful to have this opportunity to have some private time at a bookstore. Since young, I had cultivated a habit of reading as a way of passing time. Reading brought me to another world. It introduced me to different cultures and practices. It added colour to my rather boring and monotonous life.
I was shocked at how out of touch I was with reading. Now, I never knew what were the most popular books that made it to the best selling list each week. I felt abit lost wondering from shelf to shelf on the various subjects. I was also pleasantly surprised by the number of patrons in the bookstore, especially with the e-generation. Reading was a past-time that transcended all generations and seemed to in vogue in any era.
Have you picked up a book yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment