My lunch for the past few days were made up of nothing but 10-cent bread. I was not exactly scrimping and saving in particular, though I could always welcome more money. I was eating the bread purely out of cheap thrill. Do not worry, I was not torturing myself with any plain buns. In fact, I was feeding myself with high-class bread from one of Singapore's most well-known confectionery - Breadtalk.
From teriyaki chicken, cranberry and cheese to strawberry pickaboo, I was basically having a bread party. All those years of wondering the taste of these exotic bread were gone. With each bun going at 10-cent, I could afford to be adventurous. After all, if I disliked any of these exotic flavours which were less tried-and-tested, the opportunity cost was only 10-cent.
The 10-cent promotion was offered to loyal SingTel customers. A SMS was sent to these customers. They only had to flash this SMS at any Breadtalk outlets, they would be able to enjoy each bun at 10-cent. Each person was entitled to 2 buns per day. How could I let such a good chance slip? Of course I had to have my fill of Breadtalk buns.
Hence, for the last 3 days, I ate 2 buns each for both breakfast and lunch. There were some that were nicer than they looked. Some of the nicer looking buns were not quite my cup of tea. Ahh, I hope there is more of such promotions.
No comments:
Post a Comment