Today was the first day of the module 2. It was good to see my classmates again after more than a month. However, it was also demoralising to try to switch back to the studying gear. Concentrating on the lessons for a full 8 hours is tougher than I thought.
This was especially when we kicked off module 2 with many statistical tools such as ANOVA, Chi-square and T-test. Testing for Null and Alternative Hypothesis was something that I probably had in-depth study when I was in JC and subsequently university. Yet, most of these tests were mere names where I could not remember a single thing of the concepts behind these tests. Name-dropping was certainly not enough if I were to pass the test 3 days later. It seemed like I would have a lot of studying to do in the next few nights.
Oh dear! I felt so ashamed that my grey fluff seemed to be deserting me at this crucial hour. Maybe these statistical toold were simply too complex that my brains performed an auto shut-down. Not only did I not get a single thing into my RAM during class. The worst was I even had trouble keeping my eyes open. To think that statistics used to be one of my stronger subjects. I could not believe that my brain power had degenerated so rapidly over the past 7 years.
Maybe I should seriously consider a part-time course to upgrade myself to keep my brain power exercised.
No comments:
Post a Comment