No peak hour rush. No spreadsheet to look at. No meeting to rush to. No incessant phone calls. Therefore, no Monday blues. :-)
This is my first vacation leave since I started my new job 3 months ago. This is a day of unrecorded leave as we have superb financial performance for the second quarter. Hurray! (More for the leave than the performance) We have to clear this day of leave before end of the year. Better clear it before my bosses change their minds.
I have nothing specific planned. I have just wanted to spend this day leisurely. Perhaps you may think this is a big waste of leave, but sometimes laying out detailed plan for every single minute of your life can be too exhaustive and even stifling. By allowing a little chaos to run loose or going along with some impromptu arrangement, you may end up with pleasant surprises, isn’t it?
I began the day with a long breakfast. Then I took a long shower. Then it was out shopping with my mum. Shopping on a week day is really a luxury, especially for people who may be a little claustrophobic.
We had lunch at Marina Square which was packed with the office lunch crowd. The food offered at each stall looked tantalizing. It was tough deciding on what to eat, not just because of the variety but also to take into consideration the estimated queuing time required. We sat outside facing the esplanade and Shenton Way. Despite this being the second time I sat there, the view was still equally mesmerizing. When one feels good and relaxed, the food became more appetizing than usual.
Things are getting more expensive. Is this due to the festive season or is this due to the buoyant economy? In the end, we were more of window shopping than doing real shopping.
What a relaxing way to spend a Mon. This is really one of the best way to overcome Mon blues. This break is meant to be a short respite before adrenaline needs to run high and continuously for the challenge that awaits in the next 3 months.
Ready, set, go!
No comments:
Post a Comment