More often than not, it seemed like the less than satisfactory service level was highlighted. Seldom do we hear about Singaporeans encountering excellent services in Singapore. Is this a sign that Singaporeans are more critical or even demanding on service level, or that Singapore still has a long way to go before we can attain world-class service level?
Recently, I have encountered surprisingly pleasant or even professional services. Perhaps when you hear about my experiences, you may think the service level mere mediocre and not worthy of special mention. Just as we are harsh on bad service, we should commend and encourage when there is good service, no matter how insignificant the gesture is.
The first was encountered at Taoz Restaurant a couple of weeks ago. I have mentioned in a previous post that the staffs were warm and friendly. To-date, I could still recall the friendly welcome as we stepped into the restaurant. The staffs were also knowledgeable about the food being served and was able to make suitable recommendation. The highlight was when I could not finish some of the food, one of the staff has inquired if there was something wrong with the taste. At the end of the meal, they have even offered another complimentary dessert which was on the house. After being used to more impersonal services elsewhere, this was indeed a delight.
The second was last week at Original Sins. Since it was Mediterranean vegetarian food which few of us has adequate knowledge on what was nice, we have asked the waiter to recommend. He was humourous in suggesting that everything was nice and he has to be impartial to all and not showed any favouritism for any item. It was rare to find an engaging waiter who could definitely enhance the dining experience. Eventually, he proceeded to recommend some of the food which might be suitable for the big group of 9 of us.
The third experience occurred just a couple of days ago. I was shopping at M)phosis when I spotted a nice dress. I have asked the assistance for the available colour. She informed me the choices and recommended that I try on the black instead of the beige as beige will make me look paler. She is right as I have already discovered quite sometime that pastel colours were indeed not suitable for my skin tone.
This is professionalism. Not only was she not pushy in trying to close a sale, she was able to make a professional recommendation. Many sale assistants were often more occupied in selling something and to the extent of heaping flatteries (which were often far from truth) to the customers. Although I have not bought anything eventually, this has indeed left a very flattering impression of the boutique.
Applause for such commendable services. Keep it up! There will come a day where our service staffs will be professional, helpful, sincere and world class.
No comments:
Post a Comment