November 19, 2006

Singing Session with the Musketeers

We went for our long awaited Klunch yesterday. We have never gone signing together. Ms Chan and Ah Peng were extremely curious about how I sound like when I sing.

Despite my rather desperate attempts to get out of this session, I was still unsuccessful. I have assured, reassured and even warned them of the dire consequences associated with my singing, ie the possibility of glass shattering. Yes, I am THAT bad when it comes to singing. I have even tried to dissuade them when we were all complaining about the likely development of sore throats.

Once we settled down, we immediately brought out our windbreaker, cardigan and shawl. The room was freezing. Then we made ourselves at home by removing our shoes and sitting cross-legged. Of course, Ah Peng jumped straight into Jay Chou’s - her favourite artiste, songs. We have then decided to try out duets together. It was a relatively new duet which was rather unfamiliar to me. In the end, Ms Chan has to direct and orchestrate our singing (who to come in at which part) which we have tried futilely to follow. The effect? Extremely hilarious where we were more serious about our laughing than trying to sing decently. Ms Chan and Ah Peng also introduced me to some touching songs which I have some difficulty trying to make sense of the lyrics. Eventually, they have to explain which are the touching parts to me. Sigh! My Chinese has really deteriorated to a rather obscenely lousy level.

The 3 hours passed by rather quickly. Somehow we felt abit exhausted. I am uncertain if it was due to the hot weather, the emotionally filled singing, our laughter or simply a hectic week. Initially, we have wanted to do some shopping which we gave up after an hour. We decided to “retreat” to a nearby cafĂ© at Pacific Plaza – Cream Bistro to drink, chit-chat and look at people.

The next outing’s organizer is me again. We have already settled on the date but not the activity. I must start thinking of where we can go and what we can do…

No comments: