September 30, 2006

Sinful Delight

22 Sept 2006 - My excolleagues and I had our second gathering after 2 of us left our old workplace. We had a pact to meet at least once a month.

It was always a night of indulgence, mainly in food and laughter - an all girls' outing with lots of secrets shared. It has almost become like a 'treat' which one will award oneself after being 'obedient' or ' hardworking' for an entire month.

I was the organiser for the second month's outing. Knowing that I am usually late on working days because there is always unforeseen, eleventh hour assignments to be completed within the same day, I suggested meeting in Orchard. It was also to avoid any remaining IMF crowd.

Dinner was Peranakan but the girls felt that it was merely passable. We decided to adjourn to desserts to compensate the less than satisfactory dinner. Although the desserts look appetitising, the girls again felt that it was not as good as they looked. It was somehow being made up by the above average looking manager who happened to keep clearing our table to 'signal' we should make a move after we finished our food.

Anyway, it would be another month before we meet again.

No comments: