We had another 'skiving' session yesterday again.
At 4.30pm, my boss suddenly called for a meeting. We were thinking it would be another meeting to go through some numbers for the mid-year review and wondered if it could end on time. Immediately, I have to reschedule another meeting which I have originally arranged.
Then he suddenly brought us to Coffee Club to have coffee. In one of the previous meetings, he had jokingly mentioned that we should have a Fri coffee session as a gathering. We did not expect him to realise and, to realise so soon, his promise.
I had the strawberry garden (hot tea) which was pretty fragrant. There was a promotion for giving a free slice of cake for a cake and beverage order. There were 10 of us with 10 drinks, so we ordered another 5 slices of cakes and got another 5 free. The cakes were made of a huge variety ranging from rum and raisin to strawberry shortcake to chocolate fudge. During the session, my bosses shared of their destressing experiences and their overseas encounters.
Sitting in the middle of Orchard Road at late afternoon of a weekday sipping tea and eating cake was pretty idyllic. Although we still have loads to do and meetings to attend, the short break helped to rejunvenated us for a "second shift".
Hmm... this is getting better and better. ;-p
P.S. We still worked very hard. I ended work on a Fri night at 8 plus. I guess the culture here is you work hard and we play hard as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment