September 04, 2006

Factfile (September 2006)

Thought I will make a short note about some of my likes and dislikes currently.

1) TV programs I like
a) What Women Want Really
It interviewed some of the women which epitomised some of the themes like "sporty", "supermums" etc. Recalled one episode on the theme of glam and the interviewee was a successful banker. She was very candid when she was asked if she felt that there had been sacrifices made to obtain her current achievements. She frankly revealed that it was her marriage. However, for those who wish to catch the program, I am afraid you will have to be disappointed as it has just ended its latest run.

b) Lyrical Nanoha
I used to like Cardcaptor Sakura very much. Lyrical Nanoha revolves around a young girl who catches jewel seeds to prevent havoc caused by these jewel seeds.

2) Therapeutic Activities I like

a) Cut Hair

Everytime I cannot figure something out and my hair is due for a hair cut, I will rush down to the hairdresser for yet another hair cut. Strangely, I like to associate a hair cut with a decision. The last time I had a hair cut, I decided to change my job. ;-p

b) Retail Therapy

I guess retail therapy will top the list for many girls as when we are happy or sad, we like to buy something for ourselves to commemorate the feeling or the event. I am not a shopaholic. Retail therapy can be simply going down to NTUC and buy 2 pints of Haagen Daz ice cream. It is the buying of something, big or small, that will cheer you up.

If you wonder why I never mention about spas, it is because I still feel very ticklish when I am being massaged, so it causes more stress than relaxation because I will be trying to suppress my laughter therought the session.

3) Ideal Way of Spending a Weekend

I like to stay at home after a very hectic week with a nice book in hand while listening to music. It's pure heavens. Although hanging out with friends is nice, sometimes you just long for some solitude. That is when you really feel that it is your personal time.

No comments: