September 10, 2006

A Decadent Saturday

It has been ages since I really have so much laughter and really indulging myself by acting childishly.

I have another girls' day outing yesterday. This time, it was with a different group of girls - my buddies from secondary school days. We have known each other for more than 10 years. Oh gosh, we are really getting old!!!

KTV
We went Kbox for its K-lunch. The food is really just barely edible, but we went there more for the singing. Anyway, we were told we were given student rates. That really threw us off in a series of laughing and teasing. We = students? We must have either look very young or our dressing must be pretty juvenile. ;-p

Although my singing was pretty bad, my friends still gave me a lot of encouragement. I still cannot sing Stefanie's songs very well. I sounded very out of tune and rhythm while singing one of her faster-paced songs. Too bad, my friends (including the husband of one of them) have to tolerate and suppress their laughter.

Hey, I really have improved! Previously, you would barely hear me even if the mic was on to the highest volume. Perhaps it is really hard for those who know me to imagine. Afterall, I speak quite loudly, especially when I am feeling agitated and talking on the phone. Well, so you can imagine how bad I was.

Anyway, we have discovered our group's signature song - Jay Chou's "Qi1 Li3 Xiang1".

*Signature song means the song which we can all sing very well to.*

PS Cafe
We heard that PS cafe was one of the most "in" place to be seen in (at least among the yuppie lawyers) and they served mouthwatering brownie, so we decided to it out at the nearest outlet - Paragon. By the way, PS cafe = ProjectShop Cafe.

We were really disappointed when we realised that there was no brownie available. In the end, we settled for the double chocolate cake. I also had the camomile tea which smelt really nice and soothing. We sat there for about 2.5 hours reminiscing the past, sharing some of secret fears, recent happenings etc. Bascially, we talked about everything under the sky and openly, including complaints against each other.

Phototaking
Perhaps phototaking is not unusual, but just imagine 3 quarter-century-old professional females (1 accountant, 1 auditor, 1 lawyer) trying to take pictures of each other along a very crowded Orchard Road on a Saturday night. We were not doing it quietly. We were laughing loudly at some of our failed attempts, disregarding how 'mad' or juvenile we must have looked to the passerbys.

We were trying to take pictures of us using our handphones, so that we can set out pictures as the wallpapers of our phones. My phone was one of the most unfriendly, ie I have to go through several trials and errors to determine how I should hold the camera so that I can "squeeze" the 3 of us in.

Although we tried very hard to capture the "pokerdots" on the tree trunks into the background, we failed. Also, I discovered that I really cannot multi-task - when I was the "photographer", I forgot to smile. In the end, the picture showed that I was pursing my lips.

It is really relaxing to let go and do stupid things or childish things, things that you do only when you are teenagers. ;-p

No comments: