September 14, 2006

Mysterious and beautiful OL

The weather is getting hotter and you must be wondering how the weather will be linked to my topic for the day. Be patient and the mystery will be revealed in a short while. Ok, I am starting to test your patience...

I always need to take a 15 to 20 minute walk from my home to the nearest train station. Even though it is early morning with a slight breeze blowing by and the sun is not quite shining on my face, I will be in sweats by the time I reach the MRT station. My hair will be terribly windswept. Beads of sweat will flood my forehead and are threatening to slide down my nose and face. This is despite my wearing short, or even no sleeve top with skirts, no stockings and heeled slippers. And, I am not even wearing makeup! I cannot imagine how my face will be if I have had a make-up and sweat concoction on it. *Shiver*

It's pure bliss when I get into the train with aircon blowing... Aaaaaa...

When I turn around, every OL around me looks the complete opposite. They are composed, immacurately dressed, with their make-up intact, and not a strand of their rebonded or soft-permed hair out of place. The "armour" is complete with matching suit and spiky pumps and sometimes LV bag,

How do they achieve that? Don't you just wonder why the wind and the heat seem not to have affected them a single bit? Oh dear, I really feel like a slob beside them. Do they have something which I don't? Do I sweat too much? Maybe it is because I have more fats in me that cause me to sweat more?

THIS is the real mystery.

P.S. In case you cannot understand my acronyms, OL = office ladies.

No comments: